|Number of students:||10 students|
|Location:||Library of Castilla La Mancha (Toledo)|
This is a face-to-face, very practical and fun workshop in which we will learn:
- The basic concepts for making natural candles by pouring, as well as the different raw materials needed: types of waxes, important additives, essential oils or aromas, colors, wicks, etc.
- The process of making circular economy candles with recycled oil.
What you will take home:
- A natural aromatic Christmas candle made using the pour-in-glass technique. You can bring a reused glass jar that you like. But if you don't have one, don't worry, we'll give you one.
- An oil candle in a glass glass with eucalyptus essential oil to purify and refresh the home environment.
What is the content, what will we do and what utensils will we use?
- Information sheet on the raw materials used to make natural candles: waxes, additives, essential oils, dyes, decoration, wicks, etc.
- Necessary utensils: molds, containers, rods, thermometer, wick holder, jugs, etc.
- Sheets for the production of natural candles by pouring into a mould.
- Practice: Making a natural aromatic Christmas candle
- Sheets for making natural candles with recycled oil. Usual uses of this type of candles.
- Guide for cleaning and deodorizing recycled oil.
- Practice: Making a natural candle with recycled oil in a glass with eucalyptus essential oil.
What you should know about this course:
- We will address technical concepts and, above all, we will put what we have learned into practice.
- We will use raw material and preparations that can be easily reproduced at home.
- It will be a small group, so we can all put into practice the concepts acquired.
- We will deliver printed, clear and practical information to reproduce or modify the elaborations of the workshop.
- The course includes everything necessary for its realization: documentation, raw material and utensils for the elaboration.
What you have to bring:
- FFP2 mask.
- Long-sleeved clothing that covers the arms, that you don't mind getting stained or splashed.
- Very eager to learn and have fun.
Sign up at the following link:
Library of Castilla La Mancha: online registration